|PLANNING AND OPERATION OF ENERGY SYSTEMS
- Expansion planning of microgrids, distribution, and transmission networks;
- Integrated/coordinated transmission and distribution planning;
- Planning criteria for electrification in low load density areas;
- Planning for integration of electric vehicles fast-charging installations in the network;
- Microgrids and local energy communities planning;
- Resiliency and reliability in planning and operation of energy systems;
- Power quality management in planning and operation;
- Financial planning and cash flow for investment in energy systems.
ELECTRICITY MARKETS AND DEMAND RESPONSE
- Microgrids, virtual power plants, and aggregators and their role in electricity markets;
- Market design clearing and pricing;
- Ancillary services;
- Interaction between energy markets;
- Financial engineering for energy markets;
- Local energy markets;
- Flexible demand, demand response, and flexibility markets;
- Energy markets, economics, and policies.
BUILDING ENERGY SAVING TECHNOLOGY
- Passive and zero-energy buildings;
- HVAC system control optimization;
- Building energy, exergy, and economic analysis;
- Building embodied energy and life cycle analysis;
- Renewable energy applications in buildings;
- Adaptive climatic responsive building design;
- Building energy, exergy, and economic analysis;
- Home automation and smart buildings.
PROTECTION AND CONTROL
- Protection and detection in microgrids and islanded systems;
- Protection of DC and HVDC systems;
- Impact of converter control on protection performance;
- Adaptive protection and fault level estimation;
- Control-related super- and sub-synchronous interactions with converter-based resources;
- Small-signal stability and power quality impacts of converter-based resources;
- Grid-fault ride-through capability and transient stability of converter-based resources;
- Grid forming and supporting control technologies for converter-based resources;
- Active and passive power filters and damping solutions for converter-based resources;
- Stability and control of power-electronic-based energy conversion systems;
- Grid-interactive converter control to stabilize and enhance dynamic performance of bulk power systems;
- Intelligent and robust control of smart energy systems.
BUSINESS MODELS AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Novel business models and model innovations;
- Business models for smart grids;
- Risk management methods, processes & tools for smart grids;
- Climate risk management;
- Uncertainty and risk management methods;
- Innovative social-based solutions for enabling energy transition.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATION IN ENERGY SYSTEMS
- Machine learning, cloud computing, and data science application in energy systems;
- Machine learning application and data analysis in distribution networks;
- Data analytics and industrial informatics applications;
- Methodologies for demand and generation forecast;
- Utilization of artificial intelligence for protection and fault management strategies;
- Data driven cyber security analysis methods;
- Data driven energy systems stability and control;
- Data driven energy systems modeling and optimization.
|CUSTOMERS, ENERGY COMMUNITIES, AND SECTOR INTEGRATION
- Multi-actor perspectives on energy communities;
- Digital twins of energy communities;
- Role of microgrids, storage and off-grid possibilities;
- Improving customer engagement and interactions;
- Sector integration, including natural gas, heating/cooling;
- Impacts of hydrogen on economy.
CHALLENGES OPPORTUNITIES AND SOLUTION IN E-MOBILITY
- Charging station location and allocation;
- Application of fuel cells in transportation;
- Geographic information systems application in e-mobility;
- Big data & vehicle analytics;
- Battery technology developments and e-mobility;
- Electric vehicles and transportation electrification;
- Electrification of rail vehicles and trains;
- Electrification of sea, under sea, air, and space vehicles.
POWER ELECTRONICS DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS
- Components and sensors for voltage and power flow management;
- Power electronics-based grid components;
- Components for the disconnection and reconnection of microgrids;
- Advanced power system solutions for DC and AC microgrid;
- Battery storage, supercapacitors, and fuel-cell based power electronic solutions;
- Optimized converter configuration and control;
- Integration of renewables using advanced power electronic schemes;
- Report and analysis of converter-based resources in modern power systems.
POWER QUALITY ISSUES
- Power quality problems in smart electrical systems;
- Power quality conditioners in smart grids;
- Coordinated control of distributed active power filters in smart distribution network;
- Power quality measurement and assessment in smart grids;
- Communication requirements for smart power quality assessment and improvement;
- Microgrids and distributed generators with power quality ancillary services;
- Power flow control, low voltage ride-through, unbalance and harmonics compensation and so on;
- Islanding detection and synchronization regarding power quality issues of distributed generators and microgrids;
- Techno-economic effects of power quality problems in smart grids.
NEW USE CASES & SPECIAL APPLICATIONS
- New applications in grid operation;
- Role of distribution networks in delivering low carbon, sustainable energy supplies;
- Multi-energy system operation-storage and power-to-x;
- Operation of microgrids and local energy communities.
DIGITALIZATION, METERING, INTERNET OF THINGS & CYBERSECURITY
- Progress in digitalization and metering;
- Smart grid technologies and infrastructures;
- Cybersecurity-physical threats and protection;
- Social factors and data privacy by design;
- Industrial internet of things in energy management;
- Monitoring and advanced metering infrastructures.
IMMUNITY AND SAFETY ISSUES
- Immunity issues related to power line carriers, ripple control systems and smart electronic devices;
- Earthing systems, step and touch voltages, neutral grounding practices, risk evaluation;
- Immunity and safety issues related to DC and microgrids.